- Bulletins will be available, but the service is also posted on Facebook and below.
- Even as restrictions are being lifted and you are welcome to leave your car to participate in outdoor worship, please remember to keep social distancing and wear masks for your and others’ protection
We will continue to respect our leaders’ directives and conduct ourselves in an appropriate manner. Despite these dark days, we will keep turning toward the light. May our Lord Jesus have mercy on us and the whole world. Contact Pastor Jody at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
WORSHIP SERVICE: June 28, 2020 at 9:30 AM – The 4 th Sunday after Pentecost
Call to Worship:
Leader: O Lord, open my lips.
People: And my mouth shall declare your praise.
All: Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit; as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.
Song: “A Dazzling Bouquet”
Refrain: Mine is the church where everbody’s welcome. I know it’s true ‘cause I got
through the door. We are a dazzling bouquet of every kind of flower. Jump in the vase ‘cause we’ve got space for more.
1) Come here, all you six foot gladiolas; come, all you purple lilacs shining bright.
Come, let us all bloom together in the garden; A carnival of fragrance and delight.
2) We don’t simply tolerate each other; we ask and tell; we don’t just turn away.
We give attention to every bud and blossom. Let every face come grace the grand
3) Our demons keep trying to divide us; they document their lies to make them true.
Today we’re freed from our judging and excluding. Just look around, enjoy the
Greeting and Kyrie:
Leader: The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
People: And also with you.
Leader: Lord, have mercy upon us.
People: Lord, have mercy upon us.
Leader: Christ, have mercy upon us.
People: Christ, have mercy upon us.
Leader: Lord, have mercy upon us.
People: Lord, have mercy upon us and the whole world.
Prayer of the Day:
Leader: Let us pray together,
All: O God, you direct our lives by your grace, and your words of justice and mercy
reshape the world. Mold us into a people who welcome your word and serve one
another, through Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord. Amen.
Holy Scripture: St. Matthew 10:40-42
40 “Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41 Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward; and whoever
welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; 42 and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple—truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward.”
Gospel Song: “Lord of Justice”
Refrain: Lord of justice, Lord of light, help us to do what you know is right. Oh, Lord of justice, Lord of light, guide us through the day and night.
1) To the stranger may we give welcome, to the hungry may we give bread.
To the naked may we give clothing, to the homeless a place to lay their head.
2) To wounded may we give healing, to the voiceless may we give words.
To the captives we give freedom, to the tortured release from all the hurt.
Song of the Day: “He Leadeth Me”
1) He leadeth me: Oh, blessed thought! Oh, words with heavenly comfort frought!
What e’re I do, where-e’re I be, still tis God’s hand that leadeth me.
Refrain: He leadeth me, he leadeth me, by his own hand he leadeth me. His faithful
follower I would be, For by his hand he leadeth me.
2) Sometimes mid scenes of deepest gloom, Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom, By waters calm, o’er troubled sea, still tis God’s hand that leadeth me.
3) Lord, I would clasp thy hand in mine, Nor ever murmer nor repine;
Content, whatever lot I see, since tis my God that leadeth me.
4) And when my task on earth is done, When by thy grace the victory’s won.
E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee, since God through Jordan leadeth me.
Prayers of the People
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.
Closing Song: “Peace, My Friends”
Refrain: Peace, I leave with you, my friends. Shalom, my peace, in all you do. Peace, I
leave with you, my friends. I give to you so you can give to others too.
1) To share his love is why I came, To show his kindness to all men.
Go now, my friends, and do the same, Until I come again.
2) Take my hand and be at peace; The spirit of our love I send.
And with this love you will be free, until I come again.
3) With this love all men will know, That loneliness is at an end.
Rejoice, my brothers, though I go, for I will come again.