- Even as restrictions are being lifted and you are welcome to leave your car to enjoy worship outdoors, please remember to keep social distancing and wear masks for your and others’ protection
We will continue to respect our leaders’ directives and conduct ourselves in an appropriate manner. Despite these dark days, we will keep turning toward the light. May our Lord Jesus have mercy on us and the whole world. Contact Pastor Jody at email@example.com for more information! The Bulletins are available in print on Sunday or may be found on the “Events” Page on the specific day of the service. Upcoming service links are below:
- May 31 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/drive-in-service-may-31-930/
- June 7 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-service-june-7/
- June 14 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-service-june-14/
- June 21 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-service-june-21-fathers-day/
- June 28 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-service-june-28/
- July 5 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-service-july-5-930/
- July 12 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-july-12-930/
- July 19 at 9:30am
- July 26 at 9:30am: Christmas in July!
- August 2 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-august-2-930am/
- August 9 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-august-9-930am/
- August 16 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-august-16-at-930am
- August 30 at 9:30am: http://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-august-30-at-930am
- September 13 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-september-13-930am/
- September 20 at 9:30: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-september-20-930am/
- September 27 at 9:30: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-september-27-930am/
- October 4 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-october-4-930am/
- October 11 at 9:30: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-october-11-930am/
- October 18 at 9:30: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-october-18-930am/
- October 25 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-october-25-930/
March 18, 2020 Please know that we at St. Johns care deeply about the health and wellness of our church community, and also the importance that faith and worship hold in your life. It is with deep sorrow that we have to announce that in order to follow the guidance of state and federal recommendations, St. John’s has made the difficult decision to suspend worship services. This goes into effect immediately and is applied to all formal gatherings, including Wednesdays during Lent and Sunday services. St. John’s is planning to recommence services for Palm Sunday (April 4). For pastoral emergencies please start by calling the church office (610-826-7766) or contacting Pastor Jody directly. He can be reached through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is our hope that we can all work together to mitigate the spread of this invisible threat, and also stay strong in our faith and community. Please stay safe and well in God’s grace.
Sunday Mornings @ 10:30
What to Expect
As Lutherans, we do have a structure to our service, or “Liturgy”. But we know that not everyone is familiar with this structure, so everything is described in the bulletin! Even if it feels a little unfamiliar at first, our service is set up in a way that is both accessible and honors tradition. You can expect the service to be about an hour long, with communion on the first Sunday of every month (and all who believe in Christ are welcome to celebrate communion). Sometimes we have celebrations mixed in the service such as a baptism or first communion, and these are opportunities for you to see how we celebrate life’s events within our community. Worried about being new to church? We will welcome you in the way YOU want to be welcomed. If you want to engage fully right away, we will celebrate your bravery. If you are more timid and need some time to warm up, we won’t push you to participate more than you are ready. But know that here at St. John’s, we truly want you to feel welcome and appreciated just by your presence.
Second Sunday Contemporary Service
What is a Contemporary Service?
Our contemporary services use a variety of instruments including guitars, piano, and percussion to accompany praise songs. It is an accessible service that is relaxed and open, where we can sing and find fellowship together in the evening. Rather than a traditional sermon, we will use a contemplative style discussion around a particular theme or topic, led by the pastor. It is a time to welcome questions and find new information. But don’t worry – it is okay to just listen!
Worried about “fitting in”?
No matter your faith tradition, this contemporary community service is approachable, engaging, and ecumenical. We welcome all friends and visitors to worship with us.