- Even as restrictions are being lifted, please remember to keep social distancing and wear masks for your and others’ protection
We will continue to respect our leaders’ directives and conduct ourselves in an appropriate manner. Despite these dark days, we will keep turning toward the light. May our Lord Jesus have mercy on us and the whole world. Contact Pastor Jody at email@example.com for more information! The Bulletins will be handed out on Sunday morning or can be found on the “Events” Page on the specific day of the service. Upcoming service links are below:
- June 21 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-service-june-21-fathers-day/
- June 28 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-service-june-28/
- July 5 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-service-july-5-930/
- July 12 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-july-12-930/
- July 19 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-july-19/
- July 26 at 9:30am: Christmas in July!
- August 2 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-august-2-930am/
- August 9 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-august-9-930am/
- August 16 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-august-16-at-930am
- August 30 at 9:30am: http://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-august-30-at-930am
- September 13th at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-september-13-930am/
- September 27 at 9:30am: https://stjohnstowamensing.org/events/outdoor-worship-september-27-930am/
What to Expect
As Lutherans, we do have a structure to our service, or “Liturgy”. But we know that not everyone is familiar with this structure, so everything is described in the bulletin! Even if it feels a little unfamiliar at first, our service is set up in a way that is both accessible and honors tradition. You can expect the service to be about an hour long, with communion on the first Sunday of every month (and all who believe in Christ are welcome to celebrate communion). Sometimes we have celebrations mixed in the service such as a baptism or first communion, and these are opportunities for you to see how we celebrate life’s events within our community. Worried about being new to church? We will welcome you in the way YOU want to be welcomed. If you want to engage fully right away, we will celebrate your bravery. If you are more timid and need some time to warm up, we won’t push you to participate more than you are ready. But know that here at St. John’s, we truly want you to feel welcome and appreciated just by your presence. Typical Attire: Wear what you are comfortable in! God doesn’t care if you come in shorts, jeans, or your “Sunday Best”. What matters is that you are there, and we welcome all styles of dress! Children’s Sunday School: Sunday school is offered from toddler to adult from 9am-10am from Memorial to Labor Day. Drop the kids off and treat yourself to breakfast, and then the whole family can join us for worship at 10:30! And don’t worry, you don’t have to attend every week to participate in Sunday School – however often you can come is perfect for us! Although we welcome children in the service, Nursery School is available during the service from our church volunteers. Adult Sunday School: Each week, a group of adults gather to discuss God’s word. Led by Mr. Jeff Way, he helps guide towards learning more about the Bible and deepening your faith through thoughtful dialogue about relevant and thought provoking topics.